MRC Value Proposition
What Every Vessel Owner Needs to Know
Environmental Laws are Tough
- Canadian law required generators of waste to perform due diligence to avoid ongoing environmental liability.
- Ontario permits transfer of both ownership and any ongoing liability once waste is received by a legal receiver in Ontario.
- This transfer of ongoing liability is not possible in the United States, due to the "Superfund Regulations", which assures generator is forever liable.
Owners are Accountable
- As vessels become obsolete to their owners, environmental responsibility continues until the vessel is properly and completely recycled.
- MRC has towed and safely recycled more than 100 vessels to date, without claim for any loss.
- MRC provides Certificate of Liability Release upon total dismantlement, with all contents either re-used, recycled, disposed of, accounted for and all receipts/manifests are kept on file, as required.
MRC Responsible Recyclers
- Provides total recycling service including company owned, permitted transports.
- Annually certifies equipment and specialized workforce, including asbestos abatement, mold, chemicals, hydrocarbons, heavy metals, paints, and corrosive materials.
- Sister company, Raw Materials Company Inc., operates a hazardous waste processing facility in Port Colborne, Ontario, specializing in battery recycling and heavy metals in various forms including florescent light tubes, mercury filled devices, cadmium, lead and PCB's.
- MRC also performs stern removals, abatement and removals for re-powering projects, in as little as 30 days, avoiding delays with certified staff, in house, for all abatement and dismantling/removal work.
Efficient & Thorough
- Continued security by contract with owners, ensuring their vessels will be recycled and not re-sold.
- Works with sellers to return parts, spares and equipment and to owners as well.
- Where equipment removal can be more economical, to be removed during the dismantling process.
- MRC carries full insurance including environmental liability coverage up to $50M.
- All staff in IMS group receive a minimum 15 hours relative training annually as required by our environmental management system (EMS).
- MRC is world's First ISO 14001 Certified Ship Recycler in December 2000.
Please use the form to the left, or
contact us today at:
MRC - Port Colborne, ON (Headquarters)
3A Lake Road
Port Colborne, ON L3K 1A2
MRC - Edwardsville, NS (Sydport Docks)
20 Marine Drive
Edwardsville, NS B2A 4Y9
Local: (902) 577-1856
We will put you in touch with a representative that will be able to answer all of your questions.