MRC Value Proposition
What Every Vessel Owner Needs to Know
Environmental Laws are Tough
- Canadian law required generators of waste to perform due diligence to avoid ongoing environmental liability.
- Ontario permits transfer of both ownership and any ongoing liability once waste is received by a legal receiver in Ontario.
- This transfer of ongoing liability is not possible in the United States, due to the "Superfund Regulations", which assures generator is forever liable.
Owners are Accountable
- As vessels become obsolete to their owners, environmental responsibility continues until the vessel is properly and completely recycled.
- MRC has towed and safely recycled more than 100 vessels to date, without claim for any loss.
- MRC provides Certificate of Liability Release upon total dismantlement, with all contents either re-used, recycled, disposed of, accounted for and all receipts/manifests are kept on file, as required.
MRC Responsible Recyclers
- Provides total recycling service including company owned, permitted transports.
- Annually certifies equipment and specialized workforce, including asbestos abatement, mold, chemicals, hydrocarbons, heavy metals, paints, and corrosive materials.
- Sister company, Raw Materials Company Inc., operates a hazardous waste processing facility in Port Colborne, Ontario, specializing in battery recycling and heavy metals in various forms including florescent light tubes, mercury filled devices, cadmium, lead and PCB's.
- MRC also performs stern removals, abatement and removals for re-powering projects, in as little as 30 days, avoiding delays with certified staff, in house, for all abatement and dismantling/removal work.
Efficient & Thorough
- Continued security by contract with owners, ensuring their vessels will be recycled and not re-sold.
- Works with sellers to return parts, spares and equipment and to owners as well.
- Where equipment removal can be more economical, to be removed during the dismantling process.
- MRC carries full insurance including environmental liability coverage up to $50M.
- All staff in IMS group receive a minimum 15 hours relative training annually as required by our environmental management system (EMS).
- MRC is world's First ISO 14001 Certified Ship Recycler in December 2000.
We have received your message and we will respond to you shortly.
Sorry, there were error(s) with your submission.
Please try again.
Please use the form to the left, or
contact us today at:
MRC - Port Colborne, ON (Headquarters)
3A Lake Road
Port Colborne, ON L3K 1A2
MRC - Edwardsville, NS (Sydport Docks)
20 Marine Drive
Edwardsville, NS B2A 4Y9
Local: (902) 577-1856
We will put you in touch with a representative that will be able to answer all of your questions.